By processing wastewater to obtain high-quality drinking water, treatment plants are exposed to erosion-corrosion, chemical attack and abrasion problems.
The goal is for wastewater treatment plants to continually meet their production goals, with the highest possible performance. All this without departing from the pertinent environmental regulations. In addition, Belzona has designed a wide range of solutions that not only meet the challenges presented by the sector. They also provide protection against potential future damage.
Belzona cold applied systems have been shown to help improve the operation of wastewater treatment plants by reducing downtime. In addition, for the elimination of costs for replacement of parts, reduction of the risk of stoppages and unscheduled start-ups. In conclusion, Belzona’s solutions for wastewater treatment provide reliability and proven success in the repair and protection of machinery, equipment and structures. These include;
Collector and elevator pumping systems
- Typical Problems: corrosion and slight erosion in inspection chambers, pumps and sewage pipes.
- Possible Solutions: Belzona 1000 series 100% solids liquid and paste materials for metal rebuilding, erosion-corrosion protection and improved pump efficiency. Belzona 4000 series for concrete repair and protection, and Belzona 5000 series for internal and external protection of metallic substrates.
Primarion treatment in treatment plants
- Typical Problems: corrosion and erosion in gutters, bar grates, discharge channels, hoppers, augers, sewage pumps, chambers and pipes.
- Possible Solutions: First, 100% solids liquid and paste materials from the Belzona 1000 series for protection against erosion-corrosion. Next, Belzona 2000 series elastomeric solutions for joint repair. Finally, the Belzona 4000 and 5000 series for reconstruction and protection of concrete and steel structures.
Secondary and Tertiary Treatment in treatment plants
- Typical Problems: corrosion and chemical attack in tanks, sedimentation clarifiers, settling basins, injection pumps for chemicals and sludge, pipes, gutters, relievers and rotating equipment.
- Possible Solutions: First, 100% solids liquid and paste materials from the Belzona 1000 series for protection against erosion-corrosion. Also, Belzona 2000 series elastomeric solutions for joint repair. Finally, the Belzona 4000 and 5000 series for reconstruction and protection of secondary containment areas and concrete and steel structures.
- Typical Problems: corrosion and erosion in digesters, thickeners, centrifuges, belt presses, vacuum pumps, conveyor systems, and pipelines.
- Possible Solutions: To start with, Belzona 1000, 2000, 4000 and 5000 series liquid and paste materials for erosion and corrosion protection.
- Typical Problems: corrosion in scrubbers, tanks and pipes.
- Possible Solutions: Also Belzona 1000 and 5000 series paste and liquid materials for corrosion protection.
Drinking Water Storage
- Typical Problems: corrosion in tanks, pumps and pipes.
- Possible Solutions: mainly paste and liquid materials from the Belzona 1000, 4000 and 5000 series for corrosion protection.
- Typical Problems: damage to concrete structures due to the action of weather, slippery traffic areas, damage to roofs and, finally, failure of expansion joints.
- Possible Solutions: Belzona 2000, 3000, 4000 and 5000 series liquid and paste materials. Primarily for waterproofing, concrete rebuilding, expansion joint repairs, and heavy duty anti-slip applications.
In conclusion, almost any problem in wastewater treatment plants can be treated with Belzona. If you need more information, do not hesitate to contact email@example.com and we will be happy to help you.